Sunday, June 2, 2013

This review is about a MOVIE! It is.... Courageous!

   This is an absolute favorite of mine! I have watched it 4 times, I bought it for my dad at Christmas, just because I wanted watch it, because I never had! Yes, I saw the package and nearly screamed, "Grandma! I am soooo getting this for my dad!" (Actually I said, "me" but I will transfer it to 'dad'!) Anyway! Here are a few pictures from that movie, I will also put in videos!

(sorry about its blurriness, you can click here, to see them unblurry)

         _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/emilydances.jpg


         _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/emilyadam.jpg
         
(As you can see, Emily is one of my favorite characters! She is such a cutie!)

         _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/nathandavid.jpg

(David, who is seated on the right and looking down, is my absolute favorite character though, he was definitely the best actor in the movie.)
 
         _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/shaneflashlight.jpg
This is Shane Fuller, the 'bad Police officer' ... he was another favorite... despite the crime he committed!
(Again, I apologize for the blurriness, greatly embarrassed about that
     

       _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/menpraying.jpg
Oh my goodness! I absolutely love this picture- all the guys in prayer, trust me, I don't know why!
Adam has the read shirt on, David has the blue striped one (they are sitting on the couch) Nathan (2nd favorite) is just the plain blue one, Javier is seated but not in the picture! He was definitely a favorite also!
       _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/cookout.jpg
Adam has the hat on, and David, (my favorite character) has his back toward you!

       _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/hollowmanhouse.jpg
Shane is on the right, Adam is on the left. One of my favorite lines from the movie, from this scene is this: (Adam): "Hey Shane, their decorating skills are just about as good as yours!" (Shane): "Just watch my back Mitchell."

      _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/hollowmanhousechase.jpg
This is the backyard chase, one of the best scenes! Nathan is chasing one of the 'bad' guys!

     _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/tjcloseup.jpg
This is one of ending scenes. This guy (For all who have watched) was one of the best actors! This is second -to ending scene, TJ was about to shoot 'Jades daddy' (refered to from Derek) because he 'knew the cop' and was upset at him! This was one of my favorite scenes, especially when Adam rolled over on his back saying 'Get the girl" just because it made me think of Emily and how much he now cared, it made me literally sob, I was embarrassed!

     _dvdimages/_stills/_thumbs/adamchurch.jpg
The very ending scene! I thik they ended it wrong, David and Amanda should have gotten married, or something AMAZING should have happened... not the speech!





              Heres the bloopers:


Click here, it's the best! y'all shiould totally watch it!



                             ABOUT THE ACTORS AND ACTRESS'S:
David Thompson:
Ben Davies

Ben Davies plays the youngest member of the group of friends that work together as Sheriff's Officers in COURAGEOUS. A college student at Samford University, Ben fits the role of rookie David Thomson, a former college basketball player. A high-school All American track athlete, an injury provided Ben with the time to film his first big-screen role.

Ben's similarities to his character:
"Like David, I am an athlete who has dealt with temptations and challenges. We are both confident and never back down from a challenge. I also can relate to the character because I know if it was not for my relationship with Jesus and the support of some great Godly people, I would be one bad decision away from being David Thomson."

Shane Fuller: 
Kevin Downes
Kevin Downes is an actor, director, and producer, often working alongside his brother Bobby in Downes Brothers Entertainment's faith-based projects including Like Dandelion Dust (based on Karen Kingsbury's novel). Kevin plays officer Shane Fuller, a divorced father. Among the films Kevin has appeared in: Bobby JonesSenseless, andThr3e. Kevin is the father of two young boys.
Kevin's favorite role—being a dad:
"I am so thankful to be a parent. We have prayed and longed for children for over 7 years and from the moment I held them in my arms, I would throw myself in front of a bus for them. Equally as important is sharing Jesus with them as early as possible. Though the trials were tough, God's perfect plan was in place to bring Nathaniel and Benicio to us. God is very good!"

Angilita Nelson:
Angelita Nelson
With a background in acting, Angelita Nelson works as a mammography technician. As she prayed for God's guidance for her acting career, she learned of an audition that turned out to be for the role of Carmen, the wife of Javier, in COURAGEOUS. She was selected for the role ... a sign from God for Angie to continue acting. Angie serves in the nursery of her church in Jacksonville.
Angelita's hopes for COURAGEOUS:
"My hopes are for the world to see the impact a father makes on a child. A father can end up being one of the most influential people a child will know. My hope is for a positive influence!"


Robert Amaya: 
Robert Amaya
Robert Amaya is a professional stage actor in Miami and a volunteer worship leader and children's ministry actor at his church in Coral Gables. The father of a young daughter, Robert was drawn to the role of Javier, a new friend to the group of officers and a God-honoring father.COURAGEOUS is his first film.
Robert's hopes for the movie:
"I hope that fathers are inspired to rise up and take back their roles as dads. I pray that God would touch men around the world and inspire them to trust in our Heavenly Father. I specifically hope that Latino men and woman are touched and moved by the Martinez family. The Latino family needs God desperately.


Eleanor Brown:
Eleanor Brown

Eleanor Brown is a high school teacher in Birmingham with a background in theater. While she had not acted recently, she sensed God encouraging her to connect with Sherwood, which eventually led her auditioning and being selected as Kayla, the wife of Nathan Hayes and the mother of three in COURAGEOUS. Eleanor is an active member of her church in Birmingham.

Eleanor on what she likes in her character:
"I like that Kayla is very supportive of her husband as she strives to be a godly wife and mother. Kayla is very family oriented—her heart is there with them. I love my family very much and draw strength from their support and encouragement."



Ken Bevel:
Ken Bevel
After 20 years in the Marine Corps, Ken Bevel recently retired and began his second career on the pastoral staff of Sherwood Baptist Church. His ministry actually began in earnest when he played the role of Michael Simmons, friend of Caleb Holt, in Fireproof. In COURAGEOUS, Ken plays Nathan Hayes.
Ken on his similarities to Nathan:
"We both desire to live Godly lives while honoring family commitments. I like that he is determined to guide his family spiritually. In addition, we both had male role models that weren't our dads who introduced us to Christ."



Rusty Martin JR:

Rusty Martin
A high school student near Raleigh, Rusty Martin Jr. has followed his father into acting (his dad plays the role of the factory owner inCOURAGEOUS). Rusty, who plays the son of Adam and Victoria, has appeared in other faith-based films, including Wesley as the young John Wesley.
Rusty on how he sees Dylan:
"At the beginning of the movie Dylan does not have a very good relationship with his father. That's unlike me who has a great relationship with my father. I have been blessed with an awesome example of what a father should be and that is what I wish for all kids, especially teenagers."


Renee Jewell: 

Renee Jewell
Renee Jewell will be recognized by Sherwood Pictures fans ... those who pay close attention! Renee, who plays Adam's wife in COURAGEOUS, played the best friend of Coach Taylor's wife in Facing the Giants. She also had a small part in Flywheel. She is a member of Sherwood's choir and praise team and her husband is the Pastor of Missions for the church.
Renee on getting the role of Victoria: "I was pregnant during the filming of Giants and had another baby during the filming of Fireproof, so since I was not having a baby during this movie, I thought I would audition! All of my background is in music, not theater, so this was a good stretch for me."



Alex Kendrick: 

Alex Kendrick
Along with his brother Stephen, Alex Kendrick wrote the screenplay forCOURAGEOUS. In addition to playing the role of Adam, Alex also served as the director of the movie, which he has also done for the previous three Sherwood Pictures movies. Alex serves on the pastoral staff of Sherwood Baptist Church.
Alex's hopes for COURAGEOUS:
"After praying for a year, we began writing COURAGEOUS. Our prayer now is that this movie will raise the standards for fathers worldwide and point them to Christ."





   I thought these were some interesting reviews about the actors/actress's and their hopes for the movie! 

   Here is the 'Courageous Crew' :

Alex Kendrick: (Directer, co-writer)
Alex Kendrick
Alex Kendrick has co-written and directed all four Sherwood Pictures movies, beginning with Flywheel in 2003. Alex has played leading roles in the three of the films, including COURAGEOUS as Adam Mitchell. He and his brother Stephen are the best-selling authors of The Love Dare, and their newest book, The Resolution for Men, releases this fall. A member of the pastoral staff at Sherwood Baptist Church since 1999, Alex serves on the leadership team of Sherwood Pictures. Alex and his wife Christina have six children.


Stephen Kendrick: (Producer, co-writer) 
Stephen Kendrick
Stephen Kendrick is the producer and co-writer of COURAGEOUS, the fourth film he has helped write and create (along with FlywheelFacing the Giants, and Fireproof). Since 2001, Stephen has been a member of the pastoral team at Sherwood Baptist, where he often preaches when Senior Pastor Michael Catt is away. Stephen is the co-author of the New York Times bestseller The Love Dare and the new book The Resolution for Men with his brother Alex. Stephen and his wife Jill have four children.


Jim McBride (Executive Producer) 
Jim McBride
Jim McBride, who has served Sherwood Baptist Church as Executive Pastor since 2003, is an executive producer of COURAGEOUS. Jim is also the author of Rite of Passage that helps parents prepare their children for adulthood. Often recognized for his role as Coach Bobby Lee Duke in Facing the Giants, Jim was also an executive producer of that film and Fireproof. Jim entered ministry after serving in the Marine Corps and in business. Jim and his wife Sheila, who was a COURAGEOUSProduction Designer, have four adult children and two grandchildren.



Michael Catt: (Executive Producer) 

Michael Catt
Michael Catt, who has been the Senior Pastor of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga. since 1989, is an executive producer ofCOURAGEOUS, the fourth time he has served in that capacity. He is a prolific author of bestselling books and curriculum, including his latest,Courageous Living, and two Bible studies tied into COURAGEOUS. He is also seen on the weekly television program "Path to Truth with Michael Catt." Michael and his wife Terri, who served as the Costume Designer among her many behind-the-scenes roles in COURAGEOUS, have two adult daughters.



Here's the front and back for a look-see for y'all who have not seen it! 



Event Planning Guide

Four men, one calling: To serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, Adam Mitchell, Nathan Hayes, David Thomson, and Shane Fuller are confident and focused. Yet at the end of the day, they face a challenge that none of them are truly prepared to tackle: fatherhood.
While they consistently give their best on the job, good enough seems to be all they can muster as dads. But they're quickly discovering that their standard is missing the mark.
When tragedy hits home, these men are left wrestling with their hopes, their fears, their faith, and their fathering. Can a newfound urgency help these dads draw closer to God ... and to their children?
Filled with action-packed police drama, COURAGEOUS is the fourth film from Sherwood Pictures, the moviemaking ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia. Viewers will once again find themselves laughing, crying, and cheering as they are challenged and inspired by everyday heroes who long to be the kinds of dads that make a lifelong impact on their children.
Protecting the streets is second nature to these men. Raising their children in a God-honoring way? That's courageous






Trust me on this one! Its the BEST MOVIE!



(Small 'letter' to Sherwood)
I really hope y'all do another one of you're amazing, life changing movies!


-sincerely, Olivia




3 comments:

  1. I have never seen the movie, but my older brother has it and I really want to see it!
    the bloopers were hilarious!!!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally watch it! Its my favorite movie! The next review is 'Facing the Giants.' Ever watched that?

    Oh yes! the bloopers are hilarious! They are the best! I LOVE the '60 Second Courageous' video that they have on the 'special features' on the movie CD! Its hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have watched Facing the Giants, but it has been forever since I have watched it!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hi! So glad to have you visit my blog, and thanks so much for commenting!

Each comment makes my day! Have a great day!
♥ -Olivia